Published on August 18th, 2013 | by TLV News0
City of Oxford, Miss. Board of Aldermen Meeting Agenda for Tuesday, August 20
1. Call to order.
2. Adopt the agenda for the meeting.
3. Mayor’s Report.
4. Authorize approval of minutes of the regular meeting on August 6, 2013, recessed meeting on August 8, 2013, and the special meeting on August 14, 2013.
5. Authorize approval of accounts for all city departments.
6. Appoint two members to the Oxford Tourism Council.
7. Appoint two members to the Historic Properties Commission.
8. Appoint a member to the Pathways Commission.
9. Accept resignation of Jeff Busby from the Downtown Parking Advisory Commission and make an appointment to fill the vacancy.
10. Reappoint three members to the Courthouse Square Historic Preservation Commission and announce one vacancy.
11. Third reading and vote of ordinance allowing refrigerated beer sales and beer sales on Sunday for off premises retailers (convenient stores and grocery stores).
12. Third reading and vote of proposed ordinance eliminating the free first time courtesy parking ticket. (Tim Akers)
13. Second reading and public hearing of ordinance annexing certain property north and south of County Road 300, between Old Taylor Road and South Lamar. (Tim Akers)
14. Second reading and public hearing of ordinance rezoning certain property from RE to NB located on 1015 North Lamar. (Tim Akers)
15. Second reading, public hearing and vote of an ordinance establishing game day downtown parking regulations, which would increase the parking fines for violation of three hour parking on game days. (Tim Akers)
16. Report on nuisance property on University Avenue. (Randy Barber)
17. Final plat approval of Franklin Farms Phase III. (Tim Akers)
18. Preliminary plat approval for Phase I and II and final plat approval of Phase I Ricky Britt Subdivision – Links. (Tim Akers)
19. First reading of an ordinance regulating digital billboards. (Tim Akers)
20. Discuss game day parking.
21. Authorize Mayor to sign memorandum of covenants with Baptist. (Pope Mallette)
22. Second reading and public hearing of proposed ordinance change which would allow alcohol at the Visit Oxford location on South Lamar.
23. Request to work after hours on John Leslie Tennis Courts. (Bart Robinson)
24. Accept proposals for generator maintenance. (Bart Robinson)
25. Authorize Mayor to sign property interest statement for West Jackson Avenue/Hwy 6 relocation. (Bart Robinson)
26. Authorize Mayor to sign engineer agreement for West Jackson/Hwy 6 Utility relocation. (Bart Robinson)
27. Accept donation for ADA improvements relating to Burns Belfry. (Bart Robinson)
28. Request permission for public works employees to attend safety class in Batesville at a cost of $28.00 per employee with a minimum of seven employees. (Bart Robinson)
29. Authorize final change order and accept maintenance of Lakeway Gardens Water & Sewer replacement. (Bart Robinson)
30. Adopt resolution of the Mayor and Board of Aldermen of the City of Oxford declaring the necessity of special assessments against certain property (Oxford Commons) for the construction of various infrastructure improvements as authorized by House Bill No. 1706 and the intention of the governing body to issue taxable and/or tax-exempt special assessment bonds of the City. (Bart Robinson)
31. Accept resignation in the Police Department. (Al Hope)
32. Authorize employment of three police officers. (Al Hope)
33. Authorize approval to advertise for pool of firefighters. (Al Hope)
34. Authorize employment of part-time seasonal laborer. (Al Hope)
35. Consider executive session.
If you need special assistance related to disability please contact the ADA Coordinator or visit
the office at: 107 Courthouse Square, Oxford, MS 38655. 662-232-2450 (Voice) 662-232-2300
Questions regarding this agenda? Call 662-232-2312, or contact Lisa Carwyle, City Clerk: firstname.lastname@example.org
Auxiliary aids and services may be available to individuals with disabilities upon twenty-four (24) hours request by contacting Al E. Hope, Sr., City of Oxford ADA Coordinator at 662-232-2453.